By the time 7 am had rolled around, I'd seen ...
- the full moon casting its ethereal gaze over the treetops of a vast, empty woodland
- the perfect sunrise, complete with fiery russet golden hour tones
- a herd of seven wild deer, standing, knee-deep in emerging, backlit bluebells
- a single, curious stag, standing fifty metres away on the path I was travelling along, checking me out as much as I was him
- a light, translucent mist, sinking between the stark silhouettes of statuesque trees
- the Monet-styled firecracker lime-green of the emerging beech leaves
In addition, my adventure was soundtracked by countless songbirds, a myriad of woodpeckers and a host of Tawny Owls.
Life. Is good.